Monday, August 25, 2008

Victim

Life is rough,
Full of trouble,
I never get a break,
Someone always busts my bubble.

My girlfriend left me,
My rent is late,
Everyone around says that,
Life is so great.

That’s a lie,
Of this I am sure,
Everyone is out to get me,
I just try to be pure.

My car is out of gas,
The engine broke down,
I walk along the road,
Feeling like a clown.

My friends look at me,
With sadness and pity,
I need a change of pace,
I need a new city.

The problem with running,
No matter where I go,
I am stuck in a new place,
With the same old ego.

That’s a lie,
Of this I am sure,
Everyone is out to get me,
I just try to be pure.

I must make a change,
I must try to be better,
To make my life something,
That doesn’t end in a letter.

I am so tired,
Of the way things are,
I make the same mistakes,
It’s like walking through tar.

How do I change,
When the world is against me?

How do I change,
When I feel so alone?

I’ve walked these paths,
A thousand times,
They are as familiar to me,
As are these rhymes.

Maybe instead of blaming,
I look at my actions,
I take a long look at the result,
My mental attractions.

Thought is pure,
It can create,
I’ll change the way I think,
So that maybe I can relate.

Relate to the power,
I must make a new dictum,
So that I can live my life,
And not be a victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment