Monday, August 25, 2008

Real

I have walked the same path,
Time and again,
I never seem to escape the wrath.

The emotional wrath,
Of my poor choices,
The pain is immune to the bath.

I soak myself,
To rid me of the pain,
Sitting in the calm waters,
I mentally try to explain.

Explain to myself,
That it’s not my fault,
Reason with myself over,
How I got caught.

I have traveled the same trail,
Time and again,
I am always chasing my own tail.

Break the cycle I must,
I don’t know how,
When it’s me I don’t trust.

I must have been told a thousand times,
I have been subjected to hundreds of lies.

When I start to feel better,
And strip off all my clothes,
Some one always hands me a sweater.

I knew what felt good,
What my soul wanted to express,
To strip away the illusion,
To finally make progress.

I always knew I wanted to show,
To each and every one of you,
The Soul I came to know.

My soul is you,
The rest is a lie,
My soul is you,
It’s as simple as pie.

I want to be with you,
But not like that.

I want to share with you,
All that I feel,
So that we together,
Can finally see what’s real.

No comments:

Post a Comment